MEMORANDUM AND ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION OF THE
1. The name of the Association is T. N. Academy Alumni Association. It is a non-political and non-profit Body.
2. The Registered Office of the Association is situated at
3. The aims and objects of the association are as follows :
a) To safe-guard and enhance the reputation and tradition of TNA. b) To act as a liaison between the School and the old TNA students. c) To strengthen the ties between the present students and the old TNA students.
d) To assist the School in all manner possible,
e) To assist the old TNA students in obtaining information regarding educational institutions for further studies be technical as may be preferred by them.
f) To take up any matter in the interest of the Association and TNA fraternity.
g) To volunteer any relief works and offer donations whenever the need arises.
h) To elect representatives of the Association to the Board of Governor of TNA.
i) To foster the feeling of fraternity and goodwill amongst the old TNA students.
j) To foster high ethical standards in business and professions ; the recognition of the worthiness of all useful occupation ; and the dignifying by each old TNA student of his occupation as an opportunity to serve the society.
k) To receive any sum or sums of money as gifts or donations in cash or in kind or subscriptions given to or acquired by any other means by the Association.
1) To purchase or to acquire on lease or hire to acquire gift or otherwise to hold movable or immovable property for any right or privilege that may be deemed necessary in privilege that may be deemed necessary in the promotion and advancement of the objects of the Association or any of them.
m) To do all such lawful things as are incidental or conducive to the attainment of the above objects or any of them.
4. The management and control of the affairs of the Association and/or of the branches of the Association shall be carried out in accordance with the Articles of Association and/or the Rules and Bye-laws and
Regulations framed by the members of the Association for the said purpose.
5. If upon the dissolution or winding up all the debts and liabilities of any property whatsoever the same shall not be paid to a or distributed among the members of the Association, but shall be given or transferred to the T.N.Academy Relief Fund by the members of the Association for the time being present personally at the time of dissolution or in default thereof by the Court having jurisdiction in the matter.
6. No portion of the income and property of the Association shall be paid, applied or transferred directly or indirectly by way of dividend loans or otherwise howsoever by way of profit to any member of the Association or any person claiming through any of the member.
PROVIDED THAT nothing hereto contained shall prevent the payment in good faith of remuneration or reward of any officer, employee or servant of the Association or any member of the Association actually rendered for the association.
We, the several persons whose names and addresses are subscribed hereto are desirous of being formed into the Association and under the provisions of the Sikkim Registration Rules, 1930 :
Name and Address Occupation Signature
ARTICLES OF ASSOCIATION
1. In these Articles of association unless thereby anything in the subject or content inconsistent therewith :
a) "The Association" means the T.N.Academy Alumni Association. b) "The members" means the members of the association for the time being.
c) "The President" means the president of the association elected annually in general meeting of the T. N. Academy Alumni Association.
d) "The Secretary", "Treasurer", "Editor" means the respective office bearers for the time being of the association whose tenure will be according to the decision of the general meeting.
e) "The Meeting" means all meetings other than Annual General Meeting or Special General Meeting of the Association.
f) "Resolution" means a resolution of the Association duly passed
and adopted as per procedure laid down lbr the said, prase.
g) The Seal" 'means the seal of the Association.
h) "Year" means the official year of the Association i.e. English calendar year.
2 a) The Association shall consist of Regular Members, Association Members and H
b) Those old T.N.A. students who have studied for at least 'four consecutive
years in the higher classes after the year 19166 when
Such period shall be relaxed in cases where a student has not studied for four continuous year in higher but has contributed exceptatmally, towards the upliftment of prestige of the school in any manner. The relaxation to be granted shall be subject to the approval of the Governing body.
, c) These old TNA students who had studied in the present complex of the TNA and had appeared in School Final Examinations prior to 1966 shall be eligible to be enrolled as Association Members if they desire.
d) Any such person or persons as may be invited by the Governing Body may enroll themselves as Honorary Member.
e) Any such person belonging to the above three categories of membership shall be accepted as Members after satisfying the prescribed Rules for the purpose .
f) No person shall be eligible for enrollment as a member of the Association if he is holding membership of another alumni association. He shall, however, be eligible if he renounces the membership of the other Alumni Association of which he, is ,the member, if the Governing Body so approves.
3 Admission of Members :
; a) Every intending member shall have to apply in writings to the Secretary, expressing his desire for membership.and sign membership form which shall have to be duly approved`: by the Governing Body.
b) Any intending member on being approved by the Governing Body shall pay his entrance fee in advance as prescribed forthe time being. which may be revised from time to time.
c). A member, by payment of his dues thereby accepts the principles of the Association as expressed in its objects and submits, himself to and agrees to comply with and be bound by the Constitutidn and Bye-laws and on those conditions alone is he entitled to privileges
of the members of the Association. No member shall be absolved from the observations of the constitution and bye-laws on the plea that he has not received . a copy of the same.
a) Any Member may withdraw his membership by writing to the
Secretary subject to the approval of the Governing Body.
b) Any member whose subscription will remain in arrears for such period as the Governing Body may determine or any there reasons thereof may be removed from the list of members. He will be readmitted on such terms as the Governing Body may think proper.
5. Fees :
Admission Fee for Regular Members - Rs. 100/- and Annual Membership Fee of Rs. 50/-. Associate members shall pay a consolidated amount of Rs. 300/- annually, all fees remain nonrefundable.
The Honorary members shall not be required to pay any fees. Their financial/material contributions may however be recorded as donations. Those members who are still continuing studies or unemployed shall be granted 50% concession on the fees.
6. Rights and privileges of members :
The rights and privileges of members shall be as follows :
a) All members other than the Associate Members and the Honorary members shall have the right to function in any Committee if so elected in the General Meeting.
b) All members other than the Associate Members and the Honorary Members shall have the right to hold any office if so elected by the Governing Body or in the General Meeting.
c) Notwithstanding anything otherwise contained in this Articles of Association, Associate Members and Honorary Members shall be entitled to all benefits and privileges of the Membership except that they shall not be qualified to be office bearers or members of the Governing Body or any Committee of to vote as Member or to acquire any property of the Association upon its dissolution.
d) The Governing Body may nominate office bearers from amongst the Associate members.
e) All members are entitled to aproach the Association for such assistance within the perview of its objects and its Articles.
f) All members shall have the right to inspect the Books of Accounts, Book containing Minutes of proceedings of General Meeting and Register of Members of the Association on any working day by giving three days notice.
7. Register of Members :
The Association shall maintain at its registered office a register of its membership as the case may be, the following particulars
a) The name and address of the Member.
b) The date on which the member was admitted.
c) The date on which a member ceased to be such member.
8. Patron :
The Association may, according to such terms and conditions as it shall decide from time to time, admit as PATRONS, those persons who are likely to help in furthering the objects and cause of the Association either through their professional knowledge and experience and/or through financial assistance.
9. Advisor :
Principal, TNA shall be the Advisor of the Association.
The Governing Body of the Association or the Association in its Annual General Meeting shall appoint a Convenor for the Association.
11. Proceedings of the Governing Body of the Association The Governing Body shall meet either upon the advise of the President or request of at least 3 of the members of the Governing Body.
12. The Quorum for the meeting of the Governing Body shall be 3 members present in person, one of which shall always be the President.
13. The Governing Body shall be empowered with any, every and all functions pertaining to the administration, control and management of the Association and decide all questions, more particularly they shall have power to :
a) Represent the Association.
b) Assume obligations and conclude agreements of any nature.
c) Open and operate Bank Accounts, deposit, withdraw or invest funds, issue, accept, sign endorse and deliver cheques, drafts, letters of credit and in general any other negotiable instruments. Such Banking Account or Accounts shall be operated in the name of such member or members of the Governing Body as may be decided by the Association in its General Meeting.
d) Determine and incur expenses in general administer the finances of the Association and to raise, receive and accept funds, subscription, donations and moneys and all kinds of gifts and charity.
e) Prepare and submit to the General Meeting the annual Report, the Balance Sheet, Income and Expenditure Accounts of the Association
after having been duly audited by a Chartered Accountant approved by the Board Governors.
f) Submit Accounts of the Association as and when such accounts are called for to the Association in its general meeting.
g) Frame Bye-laws relating to internal administration of -the Association.
h) Decide on all matters pertaining to or in connection with the administration of the Association and the successful pursuance of its aims and objects.
14. Powers and Functions
a) President :
i) The President shall be the Chairman of the Governing Body and shall regulate all transaction of the Association with assistance of the Governing Body.
He shall preside over all the meetings of the Association and the Governing Body.
ii) He shall have the sanctioning power upto a sum of Rs. 1,000/(Rupees one thousand) only at a time and maximum upto Rs. 5,000/ - (Rupees Five . . .. thousand) only in one year.
b) Secretary :- Secretary shall :
i) record all minutes of the Meeting of the association and the Governing Body correctly, confirmed and kept in a register maintained for the purpose.
ii) be in charge of all correspondence and records of the Association.
iii) exercise general control over all matters relating to the Association.
iv) be empowered to incur expenses upto a limit of Rs. 500/- at a time and upto a sum of Rs. 2,000/- per year.
v) perform such other duties as may be necessary for the proper and efficient functioning of the Association within the scope of these
Articles and Memorandum.
c) Treasurer :- The Treasurer shall :
i) collect all moneys due and payable to the Association and report to the Governing Body of all financial matters.
ii) deposit the funds of the Association according to the directions of the Governing Body.
iii)keep a roll of all members and from time to time amend and correct the same as the contingencies may so require.
d) Editor:-Editor shall:
i) write reports of the proceedings of the meeting in the school magazine and the quarterly bulletin and annual magazine.
ii) correspond with the members of the association who are out of station and keep them apprised of the activities of the Association.
iii) Act as a liaison between the Association and its members.
e) Advisor :
The Advisor shall guide the Association and help it to function smoothly by giving advice whenever the need arises. He shall be guiding spirit in all spheres of activities of the Association which shall be duly considered by the Government Body.
15. Annual General Meeting :
An Annual General Meeting shall be held every year on such date as decided by the Governing Body and at such place as may be intimated by the Secretary of the Association.
16. General Meeting :
The Governing Body may whenever they deem necessary call a General Meeting any time during the year.
17. Quorum :
The quorum for both Annual General Meeting and the General Meeting shall be 1/5th of the membership strength. If such quorum is not completed the meeting shall be adjourned and at such adjourned meeting the members present shall constitute a quorum.
18. The decisions of the General Meeting, Annual General Meeting and the Governing Body shall be by way of resolution which shall be taken by show of hands or secret ballot as the members, present may decide. The General Meeting and the Meeting of the Governing Body shall be presided over by the President of the Association.
19. Elected of Members :
Members of the Governing Body shall be elected during the Annual General Meeting by 2/3rd majority of the members present which may either be by show of hands or secret ballots as the president may so direct.
20. Term of Office :
The term of office of the Governing Body shall be form one annual General Meeting to another provided the period between the two Annual General Meetings shall not be more than fifteen months from the date of the first Annual General Meeting.
21. Casting Vote
In all matters to be decided by simple majority in General Meeting and the meeting of the Governing Body, casting vote of the President shall prevail in case of equality of votes.
22. Financial Year :
The financial Year of the Association shall commence from the first of January of every year.
23. If any confusion arises in the interpretation of any clause/clauses of these Articles the decision of the Governing Body shall be final and binding.
In the General body meeting held on
It is therefore proposed that following clauses be inserted in the Memorandum and Articles of Association which are as follows:-
1. The present clause 2(b) substituted and be read as follows:-
“2(b) Those old T.N.A students who have studied at least for one full year after the year 1966 when T.N.Academy was born as a public school. The present 2(b) be deleted”
2. The clause present 2 (f) be deleted.
3. A sub para be inserted to the present clause 5 and be read as follows:
“ All those desirous of being a life member may become one on payment of Rs.2000/- as life member fee.”
4. In clause 11 No. 3 appearing in the second line be substituted by 5.
5. Clause 12 be substituted by the following: “the quorum of the meeting of the Governing body shall be at least 5 members present in person, one of which shall always be the President and in his absence the Vice President.”
The present clause 12 be deleted.
6. In Clause 13 (e) the words “Board Governors” be substituted by “Governing Body.”
7. In present clause 1 (b) before the word “Secretary” the words General Secretary be inserted.
8. A new clause 3 be inserted and read as follows:- There shall be a Governing body which shall be constituted by the following:-
b. Vice President
c. General Secretary I
d. General Secretary II
e. Secretary, Publicity,
f. Secretary, Culture
g. Secretary, IT
h. Secretary, Sports,
i. Treasurer I and
j. Treasurer II
Two other members which may be co opted by the Governing Body in its meeting.
9. In clause 14 a new clause 14 (b) be added and be read as follows:-
“ b) Vice President
The Vice President shall exercise the powers and functions of the President in the absence of the President.”
10. The existing clause 14 (b) be renumbered as clause (c) and the word “Secretary” be substituted by the words “General Secretary I”.
11. A new clause 14 ( c) be inserted and be read as follows:-
“( c) General Secretary II
The General Secretary II shall generally assist the General Secretary I and act as General Secretary I in his absence.
The present Clause ( c) be deleted.
12. The present clause 14 (d) be deleted.
13. The present clause 14 (c ) be read as 14 (d).
14. A fresh clause 14 (e) be inserted and be read as follows:-
The Treasurer II shall generally assist the Treasurer and act as the Treasurer in his absence.”
15. A new clause 14 (f) be inserted and be read as follows:-
“(f) Secretary, Publicity
The Publicity Secretary shall be responsible for shall be responsible for all activities related with dissemination of information regarding the activities of the Association to all members and to maintain liaison with the media in consultation with the Governing Body.”
16. A new clause 14 (g) be inserted and be read as follows:-
“(g) Secretary, Culture
The Culture Secretary shall have the responsibility of organizing cultural activities in the field of dramatics, music and such other related matters as may be decided in the meeting of the Governing body.”
17. A new clause 14(h) and be inserted and read as follows:-
18. “(h) Secretary, Information Technology (IT)
The Secretary IT shall be responsible for all works related to creation, maintenance, updating, etc of the Web Site of the Association and all information technology related works of the Association.”
19. A new clause 14 (i) be inserted and be read as follow:-
“(i) Secretary, Sports
The Secretary Sports shall be responsible for organizing activities of the Association related to sports and games.”
20. The present clause (ii) of clause 14 (b) be deleted and be substituted by the following:-
“He shall have the power of sanctioning up to a limit of Rs.5,000/- . Expenditure in excess of Rs.5,000/- may be sanctioned by the President but such expenditure shall be ratified by the Governing Body in its next meeting.”
21. A new Sub clause (iii) be inserted and be read as follows:-
“(iii) The President may delegate his power of sanction to any such office bearer as may be decided by him in writing if the need so arises.”
22. In clause 20 the word “one” appearing therein shall be substituted by “three”.
23. In clause 22 the words “January of every year” shall be substituted by “April to 31st March.”
|© Tashi Namgyal Academy Alumni Association Memorandum and Articles|